Monday, October 13, 2008

Satire

To me the most moving, important piece of political "satire" was the speech from Boston Legal that we watched this morning. This was just so powerful, so moving that it made me realize just how screwed up this administration is. I mean I've always realized that Bush was a dumb president, but aside from the Terri Schiavo case I thought he had been opposed enough on the topic of taking away rights. Yet, apparently he hasn't. He has DESTROYED all that was good in this country; our economy, our world image, our rights all went down the drain with his administration. Whoever wins the next election, I just want them to fix what has been destroyed. Pick up the dust (not even the pieces) of our once proud America and bring it back. There is too much wrong with the world. We need to pull ourselves together to help the rest of the world as well.

2 comments:

Mr. Young said...

Hey A.J.,
I could not agree anymore about the competency of our fearless leader. Doesn't it make your skin crawl when you keep learning of decisions he has made that hurt our country? Now think about this:
Do you think we know everything or just a little bit about all the horrible things he has done. I have always wanted to be "a fly on the wall" for some conversations but I don't think I could handle being on the walls of the Oval office!

Anonymous said...

lol maybe not now, but what about with our new president?...because if Obama wins, he is suggesting making many cabinent meetings open to public scrutiny and viewing...now I don't know how much he will let through, but it will be more than there is now.