Friday, October 10, 2008

My Reaction

To me, the United States of America is really weak when it comes to our own problems and issues in our own country.  After hearing and watching the video about the Vietnam war protest, I feel very angry and confused about our countries choices. I understand why they called in the National Guard but I don't understand why they were poorly trained on how to deal with protests. What made it okay to shoot into a crowd of UNARMED people who were just putting flowers in their guns? 4 people killed, 9 injured, and no one was put to jail, in fact some said that they were happy about what happened. 

Back then there were about 250,000 people fighting to bring the troops home, but today there were about 1,000,000 people in D.C. fighting to stop the Iraq war. In comparison the protest on the Vietnam was more effective because it was on the news, it was radical, etc., ut the best thing about the protests today is, NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THEM! Our government doesn't want us to know about it, which makes me question if we should trust them or not. 

No comments: