Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Responce to article " We Sometimes Overcome"

The Article I read is about a number of musicians who were censored, imprisoned, and sometimes exiled for their music. The group of musicians sang and make music about things their government did not seem fit to let the public hear. I find censorship awful and ultimately against human rights. I find the freedom of speech to be a natural law. No matter how damaging to the government a song can be, it's someone's art, someone's creative work. Though I'm not a musician, I feel i can understand the feeling of your work being banned from the ear's of your country folk. To be forced to leave your country because the government does not agree with your ideas is ludicrous. Reading this article it was inspiring to hear to the musicians fight back. Like in Czechoslovakia, how they rose up to fight for what they believed in and eventually became the government. I feel in that nature protest is truly powerful. To gather together to achieve your goal, and then peacefully obtain it. It inspires not only me, but probably the whole world to believe that we can make a difference.

No comments: