Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pleased To Meet You: Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson

After reading all of the Pleased to Meet You Section in the Under the Radar Magazine, I learn what each band brings different to the table, and with each I learn their background in music. As usually, when I skimmed over the page I looked at the pictures each band had. The picture of Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson  gave me the impression that he is a 'normal' guy, down to earth, looking for a good time, and never taking things to seriously. As I read about him and his introduction to the music business as a solo artist, I see that he is just as his picture shows him to be. Although he is living his dream now, he didn't always have this kind of life. When he started college he got into drugs and was homeless. He then hopped from one band to the next, until he found the right one, where he started writing his own music. Now he is working on his third solo album and says that he feels extremely lucky. This article really opened my eyes to a lot of things, and most of all is that if your life is  not moving towards where you want it to, then you can always change its direction. Also, it made me feel even stronger towards following my dreams in life. Even though it seems unlikely to become famous or anything like that, Robinson's story told me that I should just do what I love to do, and if you do want fame then your passion will lead you to your fame.

No comments: