Friday, October 10, 2008

Active Protesters

I was amazed by the things that happened at Kent University to the semi-peaceful protesters on May 4, 1970. There were 4 people who were killed and 9 who were injured by the National Guard. The National Guard was called by the Governor who was called Mayor and so forth. I thought this action was a little extreme even considering that the students burnt down the school’s military building. While listening to this talk I wanted to say let’s not sit here and talk about helping and changing the world lets get out and do something about it. I am very proud of those protestors on May 4th because they tried so hard and did as much as they could to help their cause, like I would want to do. These students should be talked about much more today and remembered even thought they are gone now. Because of these students that were active protesters and strong considering what happened, I think protesting is a very good way to get other people fired up about the cause that you are.

No comments: